Borrowing & reservations
As a joint Council/University venture, The Hive and its rich variety of resources are accessible to everyone.
COVID NOTICE - The return date for all existing loans has been extended until 12 April 2021. No fines or reservation fees will be applied during this time.
All books, DVD's, CD's and other resources including specialised academic texts, are available to students and the public. A combination of items listed below can be borrowed or hired at any one time.
|Item type||Maximum number of items borrowed|
There are a few guidelines in place to ensure that University of Worcester students can access core texts specifically for their studies. Here’s how the loans work:
- University Short Loans are identified with orange bands on book spines. Community users can consult these books in the library, but are not able to sign them out of the building. University students are able to sign out University Short Loan books for 2 days (books will be due back at the end of the day listed on your receipt).
- Core University student texts are identified with blue bands on book spines. Community users are able to sign out one of these books at a time, but may not request them for collection at other branches. University students are able to sign out 12 of these books for two weeks. These items are never reservable if available on the shelf at The Hive.
- All remaining books are available to be signed out for three weeks. You can sign out 12 of these books.
- You can check the availability of books online and make reservations and recall materials as before. Visit our the catalogue search pages for more information
For 80p you can reserve an item for collection at a branch of your choice.
Making a reservation
1. Simply click the reserve button against a title in the catalogue and log in to your account to complete the transaction.
2. Please wait for confirmation by email or letter that your reservation is ready for collection as 'available' items might be borrowed before we can pick your item from the shelf. In that instance we will source the first available item in the county and inform you when it's ready for collection.
3. Typically reservations will be satisfied in a few days but can be up to three weeks. Popular items that have many reservations against them could take longer. Reservations placed on items showing 'on order' are subject to availability but in most cases new titles will be delivered close to date of publication.
4. Following confirmation reserved items will be kept in the branch waiting your collection for approximately two weeks after which they will be returned to shelf and your reservation cancelled so that others may borrow the item.
Last Useful Date
Last Useful Date is a column showing in your account against any live reservation. It's a date 12 months from when the reservation is placed.
This is an automatically generated system setting. It is a date by which the reservation will be automatically deleted from the account unless the customer notifies us the reservation is still required.
Please cancel reservations in your account pages if you no longer need them or by letting your library know. If an item is particularly urgent please contact your local library and they will help you.
Non Reservable Items
The following items are non reservable include Reference, Short Loan, Periodicals, Special Collections.
Also at The Hive core University student texts are identified with blue bands on book spines. Community users are able to sign out one of these books at a time, but may not request them for collection at other branches. These items are never reservable if available on the shelf at the Hive.
Access to Reservations
Access the online catalogue and your account at https://wcc.ent.sirsidynix.net.uk/client/en_GB/thehive